This past Saturday was CM’s second Virtual Crop on Facebook, and we had over 1,000 people “attend” from locations all over the world!
The theme “Love Is in the Air” was the perfect way to showcase the new, limited edition Watercolor Love items (paper and embellishments), and we had one new challenge each hour — it’s a really fun way to try out new techniques and projects and also see what everybody else is doing with those challenges! I hosted the last challenge, and it was kinda “out of the box” (or “out of the album,” if you will): make a Treat Basket!
In case you missed this project during the live Virtual Crop, I wanted to share it here as well. I’d love to see what you do with this challenge, too!
Here’s a mini tutorial for the treat basket I made:
- Start with a 12×12 piece of cardstock. (I used the brown from Shades of Neutral.)
- Score your cardstock at 4″ and 8″ in each direction to make 9 equal squares on the page. (The Multi-Purpose Tool and the grid from a 12-inch Trimmer are GREAT for scoring quickly and easily!)
- Use the 12-inch Trimmer to cut 1″ strips into the four corner squares from the edge for the paper into the scored mark (see the picture below).
- Cut the side-center squares into triangles. (You could use All-Purpose Scissors or the 12-inch Trimmer to do this.)
- Use a Tape Runner to start adhering your basket strips together. (It seemed easiest to me if I did the top one first on each side. I overlapped those strips by about .75″.)
- When all the strips are in place, fold up the center triangle and use a Tape Runner to adhere it over the middle of the basket’s side.
- Trim any parts of the “weave” that are hanging over the top of the basket.
- Decorate and fill your basket! (I decorated with Watercolor Love Embellishments.)