Thanks for joining us for some Summer Scrapbook Ideas You Can Use Now! My blog is the last stop this time, but if you missed anybody’s post you can scroll down to the bottom here and see a list of all the links. Go check them all out–there are some fantastic ideas!
Summer is a great time to make some memories, enjoy the outdoors, and take on new crafty projects! Hopefully you’ll find some inspiration in our blog hop to do all of those things this year. 🙂
Today I’m sharing a one-page summer layout that I made for my niece’s album. Here are all the tools and supplies I used for this page:
- Fast2Fab predesigned page from the Woodland Whimsy Baby Girl Album (you can get the pages by themselves, get the album with the pages, or go all in and get the gift set)
- Personal Trimmer
- Woodland Whimsy Baby Girl Paper
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- 4-way Corner and Hole Punch
- Tape Runner (this comes with the gift set)
- Woodland Whimsy Baby Girl Stickers
- One leftover Be Bold and Flourish Slide-in Card (NLA)
- Woodland Whimsy Baby Girl Embellishments (these come with the gift set)
- All-purpose Scissors
- Watercolor Green ABC Stickers
- Brown Dual-tip Pen (this comes with the gift set)
Because the base page is predesigned, this layout was really quick and easy to make! Seriously, after I decided which pictures to use it took me less than 15 minutes to go through my supplies for this album and pick out the ones I wanted and then put the whole page together. It helps to keep all the album supplies together inside the gift box I got for this set. I’m mostly just using the Woodland Whimsy line for this book, but I’ve thrown in a couple odds and ends from other kits and supplies I have on hand that I want to use in here, too. Every time I’m ready to make a page or two for this album, all my stuff is there and I don’t have to worry about getting distracted by other fun papers or stickers that really don’t go with this album.
First, I cropped all my 4×6 photos down to be 4.5″ tall using the Personal Trimmer. Then I cut a sheet of the cloud paper to be 8.75″ wide and 9.75″ tall using the 12-inch Straight Trimmer. Before adhering the photos to this piece of paper using my Tape Runner, I punched the four corners of the paper and the outside four corners of the photo grouping with the 4-way Corner and Hole Punch. This was all then attached to the page using the Tape Runner.
Next, it’s time to embellish!
- Floral border sticker along the predesigned pink on pink page border
- “Love This!” slide-in card leftover, trimmed down matted with green dot paper, and then accented with epoxy dots from the Woodland Whimsy Embellishments pack and a pink “tape” sticker, cut into halves using the All-purpose scissors
- “SUMMERTIME GIRL!” title with Watercolor Green ABCs on pink triangle paper, double matted with yellow scraps from the slide-in card (yeah, there are a few seams because of the card size) and green dot paper, also accented with a pink “tape” sticker
- One more pink “tape” sticker in the bottom corner of the page
Finally, I added a little bit of journaling with my brown pen.
I hope you enjoyed this layout! Now, go check out all the other posts from our blog hop if you haven’t done it yet!
And check us all out on the Creative Life Scrapbooking Facebook page–awesome ideas, tips, and tricks posted every week!
You may see advertisements below this blog post. Anything below this statement was not published by me, nor is its appearance on this page an endorsement of the advertised product, service, or information.