Thanks for joining our Fall Blog Hop! It’s my favorite time of year, with all the leaves, crisp air, and sweaters – And this year to go along with all of that I’m loving the rich fall colors and the combinations of classic, rustic patterns in Creative Memories’ Countryside Comfort line!
I’m sharing some Countryside Comfort layouts that I started last week during the Creative Memories Virtual Crop on Facebook. If you haven’t done a virtual crop yet, I highly recommend it! Creative Memories hosts several each year, and the Creative Life Scrapbooking group has hosted a couple more so far.
All of the layouts I’m sharing today feature:
- Countryside Comfort Paper & Stickers
- Everyday Sentiments Laser Cut Embellishments
- Gallivant Embellishments (pearl stickers)
- Personal Trimmer
- All-purpose Scissors
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- Tape Runner
- Precision Point Adhesive (Ya, it’s back!!)
- Brown Dual-tip Pen
This first layout is based on the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Challenge #4 from this past weekend. I like the combination of these different papers in the quilted pattern (completed with some stitch marks), and I spread mine out across a 2-page layout.
- Trim two 4″x12″ strips from each of two different double-sided patterned papers. Cut these into triangles 4″ tall (from base to tip).
- Plan your pattern across the two pages.
It might take a couple tries to get the pattern and spacing right, so don’t get discouraged! When you have your pieces laid out, adhere them to the pages.
- Draw brown stitch marks between the triangle pieces.
Depending on how your pieces lay out, you may not have enough space between the pieces for this, and that’s ok. 🙂
- Cut the two brown and orange sticker strips in half lengthwise so you can place them at the top and bottom of your paper pattern on each page.
- Trim the bird border sticker and place it across the two pages.
- Attach a few scraps of patterned paper to the top of the page as the beginning of an embellishment cluster.
- Use Precision Point Adhesive to attach the word cutouts to the pages, and then add stickers and pearls.
I’m still debating about whether to add more with the bird border at the top. What do you think? Could it use something else? If so, what? I’d love to hear your ideas about this in the comments!
Here is an example of how pictures could be added to this layout. It includes one 3″x4″ (this could be up to 5″x4″), one 5″x7″, one 4″x6″, and one 6×4″.
Gather Love Layout
This next layout is based on another Creative Memories Virtual Crop idea, Challenge #6. Again, I spread mine out across a 2-page layout instead of the 1-page layout in their sketch. I like the fun combination of these warm fall colors from Countryside Comfort, and I’ve always been a fan of the torn look!
- Trim one 5″x12″ strip from each of two different double-sided patterned papers. Tear each of these roughly in half into about 2.5″x12″ strips.
- Layer the torn paper pieces into a thick border on the outside edge of each page with the torn white edge of each paper facing up.
- Cut strips from each of the patterned papers in varying lengths and widths to go across the 2 pages as a banner. Use scissors to cut the ends of the banner pieces.
- Draw stitch marks around the edges of the banner pieces and attach these to the pages.
- Use Precision Point Adhesive to attach the “love” word cutout to the page, and then add stickers and pearls.
Here is an example of how pictures could be added to this layout. It includes one 4″x4.5″ (this could be up to 4″x5.5″), two 4″x6″s, two 6×4″s, and one 5″x7″.
Do you love Countryside Comfort yet? I think I do! You can also check out my Quick 6 Cards made from Countryside Comfort if you haven’t had enough yet. 🙂
Now, go get some more fun fall ideas from Fran next!!!
All the bloggers in this hop:
Remember to like the Creative Life Scrapbooking Facebook page so you don’t miss out on the fun stuff we share each week!
You may see advertisements below this blog post. Anything below this statement was not published by me, nor is its appearance on this page an endorsement of the advertised product, service, or information.