I hope you’re enjoying our Winter Blog Hop! You should have arrived here from Julie’s blog, but if you’re hopping out of order you can see all the links at the bottom of this post
January is a busy month for me, and this year I’ve made a goal to keep an updated, current annual family album. It’s just me and hubby, so we don’t have a lot of “family” photos . . . ok, I’ll be honest, it mostly just about me. 🙂 I’ll be honest and say it was a little bit of a struggle to remember to take pictures of the normal day-to-day things happening this month and remember to print them!
I’m using the Creative Memories My Memories Gift Box Bundle as the basis for my album this year. It’s perfect for monthly layouts, and I love the fun patterns and earthy colors. I’ll be creating a 2-page layout each month in this album this year.
BTW, if you’re in Northern Utah and you want to crop along with me and my group this year, check out our Monthly Cropper’s Club. I’d love to have you join us!
For today’s layout I used:
- My Memories Fast2Fab Pages & Embellishments from the gift box
- CM cardstock in Brown, Evergreen, and Beige
- Border Maker System with the Circle Weave Cartridge
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- Teardrop Lattice Border Punch
- Tape Runner (this also comes in the gift box)
- Precision Point Adhesive
- Personal Trimmer
- Snowflake Trio Punch (NLA – sorry! I do have a couple that will be for sale at my Monthly Cropper’s Club event this month if you still need one.)
- Custom Cutting System and Circle Patterns
- Brown Dual-tip Pen (this also comes in the gift box)
I didn’t quite get my pictures from the last week printed for this layout, so you’ll have to use your imagination on the second page. Lol! It will be one tall 4×6 in the far right and a couple of smaller pictures grouped next to that.
As you can see, I really took my layout cue from the predesigned page itself, and then I just added a few decorations! If you’re familiar with this album, you’ll notice that I didn’t start with the defacto “page 1” – I actually rearranged the order of my pages to start with this spread for January. The lovely thing about F2F pages is that the first and last page (aka title and back pages of the album) match up with each other, so it’s easy to switch them around if you want to start anywhere in the pages!
- Punch two 12″ Circle Weave borders from Evergreen cardstock.
- Trim two 1″x12″ strips from Beige cardstock.
- Punch two 12″ Teardrop Lattice borders from Brown cardstock.
- Layer the border pieces together with Tape Runner and Precision Point Adhesive across the bottom of each page, and then add embellishments from the embellishment pack.
- Mat a couple of photos with Evergreen cardstock. I did my mats .25″ larger than the photos in each direction.
- Attach photos and memorabilia to the page. For the faces pictures, I trimmed each one to 2″x2″ and grouped them as if they were 4″x6″ with the empty space left for journaling.
- Journal in some of the blank spaces. It’s super important to journal, especially while the details are fresh!!!
- For a final wintery touch, punch two sets of snowflakes from Beige cardstock and cut out different sizes of circles from Brown and Evergreen cardstock. Layer these together in the outside top corners of the layouts and attach them with Tape Runner and Precision Point Adhesive.
What do you think? Passable for a January layout?? Let’s just hope I can keep up with it this year! The only way to do it is a step at a time, keeping it simple whenever possible. 🙂
The next blogger in this month’s hop is Lisa, so hop on over to her blog to check it out!!!
All the bloggers in this hop:
If you’re not already following our group, please “like” the Creative Life Scrapbooking Facebook page to take part in all the fun!
You may see advertisements below this blog post. Anything below this statement was not published by me, nor is its appearance on this page an endorsement of the advertised product, service, or information.